Monday 31 January 2011

NaBloPoMo...whut?

November of last year I astounded myself by finally completing NaNoWriMo (or, in English, National Novel Writing Month). Of course, by 'completing' I mean I made it to the 50,000 words required. Sadly I never did finish the story itself. If I can be honest, I never had much faith in it as a concept...it was cheesy, it was lame, it was oh so over the top...you know, like most fantasy's are. "Mac-fantasy" as Ben calls it. It has sat around on my pc all this time being neglected, only half finished and feeling cold. Poor little novel.

But despite that, it really did feel special to have written all that in a month. Will I be doing it again this year? Hell's yeah! This time I may go down a different route. Perhaps I will go for a completely bonkers string of unrelated bu random events as suggested by the crazy people of the NaNo forums, or perhaps I'll do a crime novel. I've never read crime, so that should be quite hilarious.

But that is not till November, and now we are in January (or, in about eight hours time, February. Indeed, if you are in Australia, it is already February. Happy February, mate!) so why am I waxing lyrical about how awesome NaNo was and how great it made me feel?

Well, whilst lurking around on some random people's blogs, I came accross "National Blog Posting Month" or, in NaNoNese "NaBloPoMo". This isn't just a once a year event, as it turns out...every month is NaBloPoMo. And so I'm thinking...yeah...I could do that. I hate looking at an empty blog with few posts. It feels tenuous, like at any given moment I could throw my hands up and say "yeah, I give in, blogging is not for me". NaBloPoMo. The greatest excuse around for actually, you know, actively blogging!

I shall endeavour to start tomorrow then. Every day for the month of February, you will be blessed with an update. I promise I won't bore you...or at least I'll try my best not to. Should nothing of interest be happening in my life I shall instead take inspiration from the monthly theme (yep, it even gives suggestions for themes, though of course this is not compulsory.)

In other news, I am now going to bore you ^_^. Have had a most unproductive day, although I did start on a rainbow spiral bracelet. Sounds like fun? Well it is! One of my earliest beading projects was a spiral bracelet in shiny shiny emerald green. I did kind of, you know, just give up on it, however, since I got tired of stringing tiny little seed beeds by hand. Now I finally (it only took me two years) invested in some proper beading needles, all those lovely emerald green beads are packed away ready (in hope) for when we move, and all I have are these tiny little plastic beads of every colour, all mixed up and that are of no particular use other than to jumble together and call it a "rainbow". It actually looks rather pretty so far. Sadly, I have mis placed my camera. As soon as I have found it I will take a lovely picture to show you the prettiness of it.

Till later, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?