Monday 24 October 2011

Fire up for Fall - week six


1 - What have you done to achieve your goals this week?

This week I kinda just vegged. I still lost half a pound, this probably because we only went to the gym twice as opposed to three times (still made my 90 minute workout target though!) and this colder weather has given me the carb munchies again. Bread has once again been banished from the house (I stopped eating healthy chicken salad sandwiches and started gorging on toast again) so all things considered I've not done too bad. This week I got weight watchers ready meals for my lunch instead of sandwich things...I hate ready meals (they taste alright but I feel like such a cheat having them at home!) but if having a ready meal stops me from bingeing on bread again then I know what I'd rather have!

2 - What have you done to make yourself feel fabulous?

Retail therapy...I now have a lovely new scarf and a big blue hippy shirt with big hippy sleeves. I love big hippy sleeves ^_^

3 - Do you listen to music when you work out? What gets your fired up?


I need to listen to music when I work out otherwise time just drags. When watching the tv I keep clock watching, but I go into my own head when I listen to music and before I know it it's all over. Sometimes I like something fast to get me going but in general I will listen to anything on my favourites playlist. It's not always so much about getting fired up as something to get my mind wandering and away from watching the seconds ticking down. When I do need to get fired up it really just depends on my mood, but something quick and bouncy. Recently it's been Lady Gaga and Red Hot Chili Peppers on my work out playlist. Maybe now that I've said that I'll go and change it round ready for tonights gym session just for fun :p


4 - What's your guilty pleasure music? How does it make you feel?

Anything from my teen years, pretty much! It makes me feel cringey but there's something so fulfilling about it! More about memory lane than the music itself.

5 - If today were a song, what would it be?

I wish it could be Christmas every day. Sorry guys, but I'm getting way too excited about Christmas, much too het up, and I want it to be here now so I can have everywhere decorated and sparkly!

Speaking of Christmas this leads me on to my positive picture. It's positive because it's demonstrative of the encroaching festive season....


Found this shop full of festive decorations in Liverpool One (where Zavvi used to be, for anyone in Liverpool who may be interested) and it was just full of gorgeous things. Everything from massive wicker deer that were taller than me (I had it in mind to buy one and sling it to the roof since I don't have a garden...) to candles and sweeties and calendars and....it was just full of lovelies! It makes me so happy to browse through lovely Christmas things like this. I could have bought the entire shop out and not bought a single thing I didn't desire.

Well...except the Steam Trains calendar...
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I normally am anti-Christmas music until after Thanksgiving, but with it being so cold already this year, I'm actually excited for it now. I still won't listen to Christmas music for awhile, but, it makes me smile instead of groan to hear that others are already listening to it. Definitely a change from the past.

    PS, Retail Therapy is my favorite kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfft. I think it has become fashionable to say you are repelled by Christmas music before Christmas. Who can resist the cheery nature of that music? The glad tidings! I sometimes sing it to cheer things up.

    I get a little embarrassed when I am caught enjoying Van Halen or Journey. Sometimes I break out with a little "Don't stop... believin'... hold on to that feeeeeeliiiiin!" Oh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music from my teen years is definitely a secret love for my workout mixes - angsty pop punk makes me super energized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween, but I admit to enjoying Christmas, too. Lights & sparkles!! But only after Thanksgiving.

    Don't cringe at your teen music! I have satellite radio and listen to 80s hair bands all the time!

    Ooof bread. That's my downfall, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! Bread is my trigger food. One piece and I go crazy! I feel you on the Christmas music! I try to wait until after Halloween though! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?