Monday 31 October 2011

FUFF - Week Seven

Just a quickie this week. I haven't the energy or impetus to answer questions this week. I'm not ill or down, it's just I've got so many other things to be getting on with, but I didn't want to leave you hanging, and with NaNo starting tomorrow I kinda didn't want to put it off till them, as I'll be too busy writing my novel :p

Basically, no movement on the scales this week which is really dissapointing because if I went by my figures on Thursday I could have put down a 2 pound loss....however a last minute unplanned splurge and not getting my third gym day in last week (was too busy!) meant I put it back on by official Friday weigh in...and this weekend of course I was at Leeds and then I took a friend out for his birthday...it's not a pretty picture and this week is dedicated to damage control and getting back on track. I've got myself a few tools, I'm self helping with CBT to overcome it (I became intrigued by the Beck book Rebecca has been talking about and decided to give it a spin myself) and picked up a notebook, index cards and post it notes today....indeed I hoped to make my first response cards tonight, just straight after I get back from the gym.

Leeds was awesome and the opera of course beautiful. Tchaikovsky wrote The Queen of Spades around the same time as he wrote the score for the ballet of Sleeping Beauty (I think that's what the program said...I'm sure Charlotte will correct me if I'm wrong!) and you can tell. Sleeping Beauty being one of my favourite Disney movies I of course was more than enchanted....but the recognisability of the music thanks to ballet and Disney's interpretations aside, it was dark and spooky and captivating. The Countess in particular...wow...just wow...And now of course I can cross another task off of my Day Zero List ;)

Sorry for the nonexistent post...but Im sure I'll catch you soon :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Apparently, it was just after he had written "Sleeping Beauty" that he wrote the score for this one.
    I was telling Miranda about it and apparently the singer playing the Countess is rather famous and she thought it was great that I got to see her =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* going to the opera! It's such a lovely, relaxing evening. My favorite is The Marriage of Figaro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Incalescent - OMGee well that explains how effing awesome she was. Also, it just shows we can spot a great without knowing it. Lol.

    @oh_mg - Incalescent up there was in the Marriage of Figaro in July but I never got to see it because no one told me the dates in time :( I had to play some of the music from it when I still tootled on my flutle stick, it's the opera that everyone around me loves but that I've never seen D:

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?