Wednesday 11 January 2012

Resipe: Chorizo and Chickpea Tagine

We had this last night, and can I just say...both me and Ben absolutely wolfed it down! The chorizo means it's not exactly amazingly healthy, but you could substitute it for paprika marinated chicken for something healthier. Also, we served it with couscous again (The third time this week I've eaten couscous...I've not eaten it since the first time I tried it when I was 13 and decided I didn't like it!) but it would go amazingly in a pitta bread. I'm considering making it one night and saving it for work the next day, but I don't think it'd last long enough! Oh, and I think I've figured the secret of using the tagine...cook my chickpeas first, and it survives wonderfully under a higher heat than I used the first time!

Chorizo and Chickpea Tagine


Serves 2

200g tinned Chickpeas
1 desert spoon of olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 pepper, finely chopped
1 Chorizo sausage, cut into rounds
1 tsp hot chili powder
1 tsp dried sage
2 tsp dried thyme

  1. Cook your chickpeas however it is you like to cook them (saucepan, microwave, however it is you like to do it)
  2. Heat the oil in your tagine or heavy bottomed caserole dish 
  3. Saute the onion, garlic and peppers till soft 
  4. Add the chorizo and cook until it begins to brown
  5. Add your chickpeas, chili powder, sage and thyme, stir in well, and cover and cook for about 15 minutes 
  6. Enjoy the delicious yummyness!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?