Saturday 21 January 2012

Six word Saturday: Time to move on



We're moving to an actual house!

I've lamented to you all before about the serious lack of space in our flat. It is a one bedroomed thing, it's at the top of two steep flights of stairs (Which, despite what one would think, has done nothing for our health!) with a kitchen in the lounge and a bedroom big enough to fit the mattress into it (and some boxes stacked in a free corner!). I've moaned about the trouble of house hunting and the pitfalls that await you and I've recently had a major security issue that has been the straw that broke the camels back so far as tolerating the place as somewhere livable is concerned.

Well, our landlord took us around a small two bedroomed house in the area yesterday, and whilst it is neither huge nor elaborate nor sparkly fantastic, it is a major improvement on what we're coping with now. Being that we're staying with him we've no deposit to pay, we just start paying the higher rent next month and move on in.

Aside from my womanly glee and day dreaming about the wonderful things I plan on buying for my new home, I'm excited about this for a number of reasons;

  • The downstairs is laminate flooring throughout, a blessing for my asthma!
  • Two bedrooms means space for eventual babies, but more immediately, space for guests!
  • Mould is not creeping in, a bonus for our health in every way imaginable (especially as our current bedroom is on the edge of being over run by the damn stuff)
  • We have drawers as well as many cupboards in the kitchen!
  • There is space for a tumble dryer...no more mount washmore because we ran out of space to dry laundry!
  • It is around the corner from one of the biggest parks in Liverpool, great for perhaps starting going for some jogging?
  • It is a self contained house, not a flat/appartment in a shared block, meaning no more drug addled neighbours stealing/opening my post before I get to it!
  • The bathroom is downstairs, so my Granny can come and visit!
  • It has a fitted wardrobe with mirrored doors so we won't need to fork out for a new one, and I'll finally have a full length mirror!
  • It has a proper sized oven! BAKING SHALL HAPPEN!
  • There is space enough for a dining room table, we can host parties and people will have chairs to sit on!
  • Both the gas and electric meters are "normal" - no running out of gas and having to run to the shop to top it up in order to keep the heating on!
All in all, many many many reasons to be feeling excited about the move. We have a month to prepare, and I am starting today by doing a mega junk toss. Next weekend (ie pay day!) I shall be fetching some sturdy cardboard boxes and beginning to pack all the nick nacks that we don't use day to day. The place will be bland and undecorated, however I can live with that for a month given what will be waiting for us at the end of the road!

So yes, todays six word Saturday is a very happy one, and I can't wait to show you around my new house ^_^
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Home. There's no place like it. New home is new adventure. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much happiness in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats - that sounds like a major life upgrade!

    Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?