Saturday 4 June 2011

Sparkling Jewels

So today I made my very first jewellery sale. I hadn't planned it, it was completely out of the blue. A friend of mine came over cause he needed some jeans sewn up (not a complicated job but apparently the thought of picking up needle and thread to sew a ripped seam was just too scary :p) and I had out those fluorite and amethyst ear rings I've been working on, almost finished but not quite. Anyhow I asked what he thought and gave him a nudge and a wink and said that if he ever needed presents for lady's I'd be happy to help. It then transpired that he was in need of a gift for his sister in law, and he asked me to make "something with purple in it". Why, I said, these are purple...why don't I finish them off now and you can take them away, I'll give you a good deal.

And so my first jewellery sale was made, and I'm a very happy Bex for it ^_^ Still, since it was so out of the blue I never got a chance to take a great photo and only have a very dark and rather blurry one from my phone. Since it's all I have, I shall share it anyhow;

The one on the left is a bit wonky as it got a tad rushed, but not bad ey? I was gonna keep them for myself but hey, there's pleanty more where that came from!

The next project is an olivine and pearl pendant that I think will be a bit more gentle on the fingers...as you can see there's a lot of close up woven detail on those ear rings which, whilst not technically difficult is rather fiddly and my poor digits are a bit sore.

Anyhow, it's half past one in the morning and I'm a rather sleepy Bex, so for now I bid thee goodnight :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?