Monday 26 September 2011

Fire up for Fall - Week Two


1 - What have you done this week to help achieve your goals?

Well, I haven't been on this 100%, however I've been keeping up the good work, remaining positive, keeping motivated. I managed to loose another pound this week even though I know I wasn't perfect all the time. I've returned to weighing in every day and logging it at The Hackers Diet to keep my mind focussed on the goal. I don't think I'm drinking all the water I should be, so I've started drinking a pint with my breakfast (I can easily down a pint of water) and class it as one of my vitamins in my mind to make it habitual (I certainly take pleanty of those!). The working out is still not what I'd call inspiring, but we're booking into the gym on Friday (Ben needs to get a special support for his ankle first) so that should pick up soon!

2 - What have you done to make yourself feel fabulous?

As stupid as it sounds, I took the time to blow dry my hair straight, and then put the straighteners on them the other day. It takes a good hour to do so (used to take two hours before I cut my hair in February) so normally I don't bother, I wear it curly (and clogged up with mousse!). It was nice to try something a little different.

3 - What is your talent? What are you good at?

I think I'm pretty good at cooking though the size of my flat and kitchen and cooking appliances means I can't entertain often so I can only get feedback from Ben ^_^ I'm pretty good at planning things out, and figuring out contingency plans (though implementing plans...not so much!). I'm good at reading maps...that's a useful skill at least! And in a not so useful skill I think my jewellery aking ventures usually turn out well...it's just finding the time and energy to spend on them!

4 - What's been the highlight of your week?

Taking my first few calls at ChildLine! Obviously I can't go into details, but I did actually help a couple of kids and they said I made them feel better and helped them with their woes, so I've been walking on sunshine ever since!

5 - What's your guilty pleasure TV?

Eastenders. None of my friends actually watch it, none of my family watch it...I just got dragged in one evening when there was nothing else on and it hooked me, damn it. Now I can't stop!

And now for my positive picture...


MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

I have to admit I can't be bothered to take a simple screen shot so it's just my ticker lol. Today it says 17lb lost...and it's a big finally moment for me! If you are reading this in the future just ignore whatever it says now, and take from me that today it says 17 lost and that is a great feeling ^_^

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Do we really have to call it "Fall"? Couldn't we rename it to "Ante up for Autumn" or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ It's a Canadian challenge!

    Those 17lbs are a thing of wonder and the amazing thing you are doing at Childline, wow you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, sorry Kush, Rebecca @weight wars is only babysitting the challenge, yup it started in Canada so fall it is.

    Thanks Rebecca that means a lot to me, though I swear most of us who go there only go because the supervisors bribe us with cake...in fact, I think it's ChildLine cake that kind of got me off track last week ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Fair play for your work with childline, so so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE Eastenders. I've been watching it for over 20 years! Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 17 lbs and for having that awesome feeling of helping someone on Childline.

    Totally get that blowing out your hair can make you feel terrific.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?