Monday 1 August 2011

Beat The Heat challenge - Week Five

We're officially half way through the challenge now!



Weight Wars



1. What have you done this week to work towards your goals?
  • I've worked out for at least half an hour each and every day and even managed to be 0.1 of a pound lighter when it came to weigh in day. Not much, but it's something at least :) I'm feeling a tad apprehensive about this week with the family etc, however I have been exercising restraint over my food over the weekend, and so if I can keep that restraint up this week hopefully it will mean it's not a huge blip.
  • I started my new job today, so I think I can officially say that I don't need to worry about the job hunt goal any longer ^_^
  • The corner of shame is no longer shameful! However I may leave the picture posting for just now, perhaps I'll post it next week since I'm currently feeling absoloutely cream crackered from my first day back at work.

2. What have you done to make yourself feel fabulous?

I've been paying extra attention to my appearence over the past week. Since I've had interviews etc to be done it's been important to maintain a spick and span appearence; curled hair, tweezed eyebrows etc. It's been a while since I allowed myself this kind of time to do it, and it's been lovely to strut down the street in my heels knowing Im looking slick.


3. How are you finding your goals this challenge? Do you still think you can achieve them?

I don't think I'm going to achieve all of them, but I've already accomplished 2 of them and I don't see any problems facing me completing at least a couple more.

4. Freebie! If you want to change one goal change it. Explain your decision even if you don’t change any.

I'd probably change my recipe goal to include more, as I went cooking mad over the weekend and now have four new recipe's just from this weekend alone to include in my recipe book. I think three was a little conservative, but then again I would have kicked myself if I'd set goals that were too high, especially on my first challenge.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Your funds are unlimited!

Me and Ben have always said we'd like to live in Canada. Nice climate (that is, not too hot! So many Brits retire to Spain or Australia or the south of France for the weather but I just couldn't cope living in that heat full time!) and nice wilderness. Whilst neither of us have ever been (though we plan on going some day!) it has always appealed and the Canadians we've met in our joint lifetimes have always seemed so nice and friendly. Plus, you know...Moose live there.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying your recipe goal - when I did my first challenge, I decided to try one new recipe a week. Some weeks it was tough and I though I aimed too high, but it was a lot of fun and I found a lot of great new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! A new job - well done you! Tell me more about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would....if I knew who you were :p

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?