Friday 8 April 2011

Day Zero

So, a number of bloggers that I follow have a list of 101 things that they want to do in 1001 days. I always thought it was pretty twee and cutesy...I'm a cynic and a pessimist and think that writing lists of lifetime goals that include things like "visit x country" are nothing more than pipe dreams for show. The truth of the matter is that in my life time I may never see enough money to buy a plane ticket to Thailand, let alone in the next 1001 days.

I found the site from which the 101 in 1001 originated and saw the "rules" so to speak and the reasoning behind it, it seemed much more grounded than the list of pipe dreams I'd read elsewhere. You can read the rules and reasoning Here. Anyhow, being that I told myself at the beginning of this year that I was going to make an effort to improve upon many aspects of my life, including health, time management, getting some good habits under my belt etc...I saw this and thought well, why not start doing it now cause I sure as hell haven't done much towards it so far, and we're a quarter of the way in ^_^

So here is my 101 things I shall work to achieve over the next two and three quarter years.


Start Date: 8th April 2011
End Date: 3rd January 2014

Personal Goals

  1. Get a job
  2. Buy myself some lovely new clothes just because
  3. Move out of the flat
  4. Put £20 into a savings account every month for a year (0/12 months saved)
  5. Read 30 new books (0/30)
  6. Get back to college for some course or another
  7. Participate in and win NaNoWriMo (not just the word count as I did last year, but finish off the story too!)
  8. Write a love letter for Ben and send it in the post (Although he will now be expecting it…I shall have to be super sneaky!)
  9. Write down my worst memories and burn them
  10. Write a short story
  11. Join a campaign group for something I’m passionate about
  12. Write a letter/email to my MP about something I feel passionate about
  13. Obtain and watch last two seasons of Battlestar Galactica
  14. Hang up fresh mistletoe at Christmas
  15. Say yes to everything for a whole day (and make it a day that counts!)

Spiritual Goals

  1. Successfully give something up for lent
  2. Go to confession
  3. Pray the entire rosary
  4. Finish reading the RC Bible (5/73 books read)
  5. Attend some kind of religious study class
  6. Learn to meditate, and do so for at least 20 minutes a day for at least twenty eight days (0/28)

Health and Fitness Goals

  1. Loose 137 pounds from my heaviest weight (132 to go)
  2. Sign up for the gym
  3. Work out for at least 30 minutes every day for twenty eight days (0/28)
  4. Attend a fitness class (eg Zumba, Yoga, Pilates etc)
  5. Take my vitamins every day for at least twenty eight days (0/28)
  6. Find out my blood type
  7. Drink only water for at least 28 days (0/28)
  8. Eat fruit every day for at least 28 days (0/28)

Shopping List Goals

  1. Sofa
  2. Brand new computer
  3. Kindle
  4. An actual bed (as opposed to a mattress on the floor!)
  5. Buy seven new items of clothing – one in each colour of the rainbow (0/7)
  6. Nativity scene for Christmas
  7. Heeled shoes that are comfortable

Arts and Crafts Goals

  1. Make those new cushion covers I bought all the gear for
  2. Make wedding album
  3. Complete spiral bracelet
  4. Make weight loss tracker bracelet
  5. Go to Laila’s for a crafty day
  6. Start a scrapbook
  7. Complete bathroom embroidery sampler
  8. Make matching friendship bracelets for me and my closest friends
  9. Complete Unicorn cross stitch
  10. Draw a self portrait (and make it good enough to put it on the blog!)
  11. Make my own cosmetics
  12. Use my bead loom to create a beautiful wall hanging
  13. Take 1001 photographs (0/1001)

Good Deeds

  1. Volunteer regularly somewhere (for the sake of definitive goals, say at least 3 months) (0/3)
  2. Donate Blood
  3. Donate £5 to charity for each item on this list that I do not complete (£505 currently to be donated)

Fun times to be had

  1. Go to a concert
  2. Go to see an opera
  3. Go to see a ballet
  4. Go to see a musical
  5. Go on a weekend break to an as of yet unvisited city on the continent
  6. Take Ben to Holy Island
  7. See a movie in The Gallery
  8. Take Ben to Blackpool for the weekend
  9. Host a Murder Mystery Party
  10. Build a big fancy sandcastle with a moat
  11. Have someone else read my tarot cards for me (you know, just for a change!)
  12. Attend a BTCC race day
  13. Go camping
  14. Visit five new museums (0/5)
  15. Host an afternoon tea party
  16. Visit a new art gallery
  17. Go to the movies with my family
  18. Listen to 26 bands I’ve never listened to before, starting with each letter of the alphabet (0/26)
  19. Complete the Assassins Creed games (this only counts for the first three…I’m pretty sure they’re bringing more out but I’ve never played more than two games in a series before, let alone completed them!!) (0/3)

Food and Drink

  1. Try six new cocktails (0/6)
  2. Cook ten new recipe’s (0/10)
  3. Take Ben’s sisters to the Jamie Oliver Italian
  4. Try some French Cheese that I haven’t tried yet
  5. Learn to make Granny’s corned beef and potato pie from scratch
  6. Try 5 different tea’s that I haven’t before (0/5)
  7. Go on that picnic I’ve been meaning to with Dee and Becky!
  8. Make a birthday cake for someone like the ones I used to for my baby brother and sister
  9. Get a blank journal and turn it into a personal recipe book to be handed down and added to through the generations

Classics that I haven’t read but wish to read

  1. Dracula
  2. Frankenstein
  3. Pride and Prejudice
  4. Animal Farm
  5. Brave New World
  6. Wuthering Heights

Movies I still need to get around to seeing

  1. The Godfather series (0/3)
  2. Fight Club
  3. Gone with the wind
  4. The Breakfast Club
  5. Das Boot
  6. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  7. Fiddler on the Roof (or better yet, see it on stage?)
  8. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Blogging Goals

  1. Reach 100 followers
  2. Host a giveaway
  3. Host a blog swap event
  4. Make a Vlog
  5. Write 30 reviews (0/30)
  6. Complete “50 questions that will free your mind”
  7. Write 350 new blog posts (1/350)
You may or may not have guessed but when I got to number 81 I kinda ran out of things to do (and even then I'd been filching ideas off of other people's lists haha) that I thought I actually stood a chance of doing (though I have included some things that may be a little bit more difficult thanks to financial constraints, gives me something to work at!) and started writing down books and movies I haven't read or watched yet, and things I might like to do on the blog!

If anyone fancies helping me out getting a head start with the list, give me a buzz you know where I am! I know at least two people who read this who can read tarot cards, at least three who I can think of who would be willing to go camping and at least one who will happily and without reservation go to see an opera with me. I will do favours in return for helping hands!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Set the Godfather series to 0/2 because theres no way on this green earth that I'm watching Godfather part three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I may do this too if you don't mind? It seems very very good!

    I like that those three you mention: Tarot, camping, and opera all apply to me! I am so awesome, and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Becky, I stole it so I can't exactly say "no you can't do it cause I do mind" :D

    Oh I forgot you'd said you like going to the Opera too, I was actually thinking of my sister when I said that, but actually when I think about it I guess Ben actually likes it too (I did after all manage to drag him along to Madame Butterfly the other year...)

    We're all just extremely awesome people I guess haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in for 61 and 67. (I'm really up for the murder mystery idea.

    Also, slight interest in 97.

    But I think this is a brilliant idea for a blog subject. I'm going to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be there for the opera, ballet, and camping, of course :D
    Gonna pinch this too. It'll be a good way to help plan out my gap year, I think.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?