Saturday 16 April 2011

Six Word Saturday - Birthday!



I'm so excited for my birthday!

It's the most excited about a birthday that I've felt probably since I turned 18. Since everyone outside of my family pretty much forgot that particular day of mine I think I started dropping my standards from then! And it's shown...it's not that I don't like recieving gifts or doing something that I want to do, but I hate rubbing it in people's faces or making them feel obliged to do something for me. And then there's the fact that the past few years have been very lean...we really couldn't do anything much for the occassion up until last year, and that was such a spontaneous thing that I didn't have time to get excited about it!

Anyhow, comfortable old habit has it that at Easter we usually go down south to stay with Ben's family for the weekend but this year the Easter weekend is really late and lands slap bang on my birthday. So I thought well, we usually go somewhere over Easter, since it's my birthday we should take a break from the norm and go up north to see my family.

And now I'm all excited ^_^ We're staying with my Granny this time round so as to avoid the nasty effect that cats have on me but it's only for the weekend and we'll be up at the folks no doubt every day anyhow (my poor Gran will need her rest time from us no doubt after all :D). I really really really hope the weather stays good and we can go to the seaside or something...there's no seaside like the north east seaside (Sorry, Blackpool, personal taste I guess) and I can get to work on task 62 hopefully with the help of Nat and Chiz (hopefully that is, if Nat isn't too busy playing with his lamePod or some such thing...stupid kids growing up in to stupid adults...should be illegalized). And of course I can get started on my photo's too. I would have already done so, except there's nothing really too exciting to photograph here in my flat :p

So yes, for now I'm feeling really really very excited for my birthday and I can't wait to see the folks and please oh powers that be please make next weekend up north lovely and sunny and warm ^_^

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Granny's house? You are so lucky, that was always my most favorite place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Visiting from 6WS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I do hope that you will have a very happy birthday this year...and a great visit with your family. I also hope you will have lovely weather!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see the video of me paddling in Blackpool's sea? You'd probably catch less from the North East side XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your excitement really comes through in this writing! Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am usually very excited around my BD too. Hope it all goes well.
    6WS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a lovely and fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?