Tuesday 26 April 2011

A lovely birthday weekend!

So I got back from the  very much unfrozen north last night feeling very happy and bouncy after a lovely weekend away. I'll admit I'm feeling a little under the weather today but that's because I woke up at 3am this morning with an almost completely numb left hand..or at least, my fingers at any rate. At first I thought oh dear, I'm coming on with a migraine, but since it failed to materialize and the numbness remains I'm assuming it's some sort of repetitive strain type thing (because, you know, I have a medical degree and know all about these things, obviously...haah). At the minute the numbness has reduced down to my index finger and thumb and kind of down the edge of my middle finger but it's still odd. So I'm feeling quite as bubbly or bouncy right now because I've got my hand all strapped up and it's just freaky, but in general everything is good and Ben and I both agree that weekend away was just what the doctor ordered!

We didn't do too much because the folks had pre arranged appointments (must have been pre arranged a loooong time ago....) but we had a lovely time with my Granny, who seemed more than happy to have us there. My birthday was lovely and I got lovely gifts. From Ben I got a lovely heart shaped locket, I got a beautiful new shirt from my Gran. From the kids I got a recipe journal and from mum and dad I got a kindle, which were all wonderful and means I've been able to cross them off my 101 in 1001 list ;)

Whilst I was up I decided to finally get a start on the task of taking 1001 photos in 1001 days, which I added to the list because I never take pictures and I really wish I did more! Sadly I forgot to pack my camera but I used my phone instead. It doesn't really have a good zoom function or anything and I don't think it has a flash but for taking pictures outside in the sunshine I think it's generally much better quality than my camera (being that said camera is now 6 years old). I managed to take the first 58 piccies, but of course I'm not going to put them all up here ^_^. I've been uploading them to a select few friends and family only album on facebook for the purpose of verifiying that I actually did it and because I know my dad isn't exactly enamoured with the thought of being plastered all over the net. But for the sake of sharing my challenges with you guys, here are some of the nicest photo's from the weekend ^_^




We also built a sandcastle with a moat which I was also able to cross off my list :) It's more like a space age fortress though hehe

Haha, Spice is such a camera whore!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What great shots coming from a phone! And glad your birthday weekend was such a good one. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?