Tuesday 15 March 2011

The 'block' button - effective pain relief?

I don't know whether it's because I'm in almost constant pain right now because of my bad neck (which is untouched by any form of pain relief, even the strong prescription stuff I have in for migraines but is more commonly used to treat skeleto-muscular pain and thus you'd assume would be just the thing for right now...) or whether it's just because it's Monday or because The Fates conspired to make it thus, but today I'm in a piss poor mood. I think I may have both scared and pissed off a number of people and I haven't even left the house today. Facebook is awash with a tirade of rage induced statuses and I've already managed to wind myself up so much I've rage blocked someone (who, thankfully, was only a friend of a friend...we don't generally move in the same circles though...). That said, as immature a response as that may be I guess I have to admit I was looking for an excuse to do it anyway. Her near constant rambling about the merits of Groupon and...

Actually, you know, I don't even have to justify why she annoys me, she just does. Ben and I were having this discussion the other night about when you see someone, and even though they may legitimately be the loveliest person in the world, the most generous, warm hearted, nicest, friendliest person...something about them just makes you want to claw their eyes out. I don't know whether it is some sort of genetic thing...perhaps, just as we are programmed to responed positively to certain genetic cues, whether this be scent or appearence or even taste, when searching for compatible mates, perhaps we are wired up to out and out reject others in the most hostile of ways. There's no concious reason for it, no logical explanation. They don't even have to be unnatractive people; it can be the most wonderfully beautiful supermodel.

Well she's certainly no supermodel but objectively she's no 'little Hitler'. Either way, she falls into this category of "something about you just makes me want to commit terrible violent atrocities".

I've seen this effect in friends too...a friend who could not help himself but to treat this one girl like pure trash. The problem was, she was his housemate's girlfriend. It was quite horrific, actually, and none of us could understand why he did it. I asked him, and he replied "I don't know! It's nothing that she says or does, she's never been horrible or anything, I just can't help myself but act like a dick to her".

Hmmm. I think scientists should stop looking into compatibility and start looking into what repulses people. Perhaps we could invent a pill that makes us all stop being irritating to everyone else, and world peace could finally be on the cards!

But Bex, they already made that film, Equilibrium, it ended up quite horrifically!

Oh right...

Anyway! Moving swiftly on (and feeling a bit better for having raged my feelings out lol) today is day twelve and that involves me bulleting my day! Well, ok, but I think you'll find it pretty boring...

  •  Got up
  • Took my asthma meds while checking emails etc. No news from that job place. Bummer :(
  • Hit the shower, dressed, ate yummy cereal
  • Bummed around most of the morning, got ragefull and irritated
  • Started writing this so as to express my rage and irritation. Also because now I can just bullet my day as I go along. Two birds, one stone. Oh yes.
  • Had a lovely phonecall from Ben. No longer feeling so ragefull :) But still kind of rageful. Rawr.
  • Called up places I needed to call up regarding things that need to be sorted. The outcome is a good one.
  • Washed up breakfast dishes
  • Made Ratatouille and Pasta for lunch (I'm determined to hit my 12lb goal for April so it's time to bottle down with the healthy eating!)
  • Did various bits and bobs of housework which, if I listed it all, would bore you senseless :p 
  • Watched last weeks installment of "One Born Every Minute". Was cheered up by a lady with PCOS having a baby without the need for fertility treatment.
  • Got back on the internet to check my email. Still no news regarding my interview. Bummed around online some more. Did a little more job hunting just incase when I get the news it's bad news.
  • Decided there's still pleanty of time to play some Assassins Creed before it's time to get dinner on the go. So I did.
  • Ben came home (yay!) so I made dinner - fresh ravioli in tomato sauce and topped with yummy yummy cheese ^_^ Sadly the sauce (which I didn't make from scratch) turned out to be quite icky to my tastebuds. Ben liked it though, and the cheese helped...
  • So did the banana and low fat custard I then made for dessert (don't worry, diet be not ruined, it was only about 200 cals)
  • Watched Dispatches. Raged a bit more.
  • Watched last nights Outcasts. Hope the BBC make another series of this!
  • Ben stole the laptop and told me to play some Assassins Creed while he blogged, so I did. Haha that sounds so bad ^_^
  • Stole the laptop back to read this evenings batch of blogs and check my to do list for tomorrow.
Which brings us to now. I know, it's not exactly been the most exciting day...makes me think I should have probably waited till tomorrow when I actually have appointments to attend so I can tell you all about it. But then, are you really all that bothered about me going to have my anual asthma review?

I don't know. Perhaps you are the sick kind of person who would indeed love to know all about it, but I don't think you are. I think you are a wonderful and lovely person. Why else would you be reading this?

Till later then guys and gals, I hope you all have a wonderful and rage free sleep and a similarly pleasant tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?