Monday 28 March 2011

Seven random facts

So over the weekend the wonderful Caity over at The Skinny On Me tagged me in for the "Seven Random Facts Blog Awards", a lovely little tag your friends and pass it on meme that's been going around.

Sadly I'm a silent lurker of blogs. There are a couple that I comment on from time to time, but despite appearences I'm actually quite shy online.

I know what you're thinking; Bex, shy on the internet? Well...yes. It's one thing to rant away on my blog, that's what it's there for after all, and on forums and the such, they are also there to take my thoughts...but elsewhere? There are a few things that get me riled up enough to comment, or if I've commented before perhap's I have the nerve to do so again.

But seriously, this is the reason why I only have 60 odd friends on facebook...I get so paranoid and shy that I get trigger happy and prune down only to those people that either I actually want to keep on there, or for reasons that I'll call "social expectations" I can't really get away with deleting.

Anyhow, what I'm basically trying to do is make myself not sound as sad as I would do if I just said straight out "Oh my, I don't know seven bloggers well enough to tag".

So with my little excuse as to why there won't be seven wee tags down at the botton, without further ado I present to you...


*Drum Roll*

Random Fact One: I cannot keep bread in the house. Some may say chocolate and pizza and such things are a dieters number one enemy, but I personally don't keep a staple ammount of these foods in my cupboards as people in general keep bread. I might get in a pack of bread rolls over the weekend for bacon butties or a baguette for my Friday night treat, but it must only be as much as I need. If I get a loaf of bread, I will just sit and eat it all, either as toast or bread and butter or if I have anything in to do so a yummy sandwich. Who would figure that plain old bread and butter is so addictive and yummy? If it is freshly baked as opposed to the airy mass produced stuff, I can eat it even without butter or spread. As another friend who has the same kind of love of bread as I do said; "I can sit and eat it like a bar of chocolate".

Random Fact Two: I'm allergic to cats, dogs, small rodents, dust, mould, hay, grass, certain kinds of tree pollen...but not flowers (Except, for some strange reason, Lillies). This really perplexes and frustrates my Granny. My perpensity for sneezing at "normal" household levels of dust winds her up. She will rush around closing up the windows and then she'll get frustrated and go on and on about there not being any flowers in the house. If I call her up and happen to sneeze (as I am prone to do) she'll ask if I've got flowers in the house. Yes or no matters not. Sorry Gran, I'm just not allergic to flowers!

Random Fact Three: I hold terrible grudges for the most unworthy things. I try my best to let them go. They aren't healthy, and they aren't nice. I feel they make me a worse, more bitter person, so I try not to keep hold of them. But I can't help it. One recent example of this is that someone who happened once to pick on me for my appearence when we were about 11 or 12 years of age and actually made me quite upset at the time found an old photograph of himself aged maybe 15 and laughed that it was no wonder he used to get picked on. I actually physically guffawed. The cheek of it! I stewed over it for days, if they got picked on it was nothing to what they did to me when we were younger still. I would like to think I'm "over" things that happened so long ago. Some people I have even more reason to hold grudges...it wasn't just picking on, for example, it got physical a couple of times, or perhaps with others we were older and it was practically warfare for a period of time but then we got over it and repaired our friendship, yet these people I don't hold grudges for. It confuses me as to why I can let go of the big stuff but not the small stuff.

Random Fact Four: My engagement ring is not diamond, it is opal. Ben and I picked it together. We had "agreed" that we were getting married as opposed to him popping the question randomly, and he was worried about picking something I'd like. I never wanted a diamond engagement ring, as much as diamonds are pleasant to the eye I much prefer something that's coloured a little more interestingly if that makes sense. My opals are white, but they sparkle with a rainbow sheen, they are so pretty! I later found out that opals are used in crystal healing to promote love and fidelity, so all in all I think we chose a pretty apropriate engagement ring!

Random Fact Five: Ben did eventually "pop" the question. We had to order in the ring and I recieved it at our engagement party which we held because we expected it to be a long engagement and we wanted to have a little shin dig in the meantime. He told me I'd be getting my ring then, but I told him straight he'd better not ask me in front of everyone. I'm no good with things like that! He respected my wishes and pulled me into the fire escape of our venue, a little pub in Liverpool called The Pilgrim (which is possibly the most awesome pub in the world, if you ever visit Liverpool it should be high on your list for a place to get a drink!) and got on one knee and asked me to marry him. I obliged and said yes (of course!) without even being tempted to wind him up. It was difficult...but I managed to resist the urge to say "mmmm well I don't know..." hehehe

Random Fact Six: I have to schedule in cleaning time. I know exactly what I'm going to do any given day. Even if I have nothing else to do all day (and could thus feasibly spend the whole time doing chores) I will not do anything of the sort unless it's scheduled in on my cleaning calendar. I spend at least half an hour just picking through my calendar each day, whilst I build up to do it. It may seem like a huge waste of time to do that, it could be an extra half hour doing the chores in the first place, but it's actually rather brilliant as before I started doing this I just didn't do anything unless I absoloutely had to. Now the flat is respectable and I don't feel embarrassed having friends over, so it's all worth it in the end!

Random Fact Seven: A lot of kids have imaginary friends or pets. I had an imaginary herd of reindeer, and they used to pull me in my imaginary sledge to my Grannys house every week, even in the middle of summer. I kinda miss them...wish we could all be kids again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?