Wednesday 9 February 2011

Just making touch with real life

The other week a gentleman on behalf of the landlord came to do some work on our kitchen door, bringing it up to spec for fire safety, but when he went to collect his tools he never came back. I can't deny it, I was mildly annoyed. We hadn't been informed anyone was coming, and then for him to vanish into thin air?

Anyhow, said same fellow came back today and revealed that he hadn't been back because in the five minutes he had been up to ask if he was ok to get in to do the work, someone had stolen his tools. He looked pretty stressed out, and revealed his boss had deducted the money for the new tools from his wages. That doesn't suprise me one bit at all and frankly I can understand why, but I do feel sorry for the guy now £100 down on his pay because someone couldn't keep their hands to themselves.

On a happier note, I finally started my super secret super duper project today! I haven't any money to get Ben something nice for our anniversary...well, it's pay day 5 days after and we'll probably do belated gifts and evening out, but it's nice to have something, so I have been making him a lovely little something to make him smile.

Also in happy news, we're probably be going back up to Durham for a few days over half term. Can't wait to see the family! Hoping that the weather will be fine too, as I have plans to take Ben out for a picnic ^_^ However, that is doubtful...but we can still hope! The idea behind it is that whilst he's seen all the main sights to be seen round and about, I have yet to share with him all the places I used to explore as a child, and I think he would appreciate it. Nothing like going off the beaten track, so to speak :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?