Wednesday 23 February 2011

The ring of power

Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Have you ever lost anything of value? Do you still think about it? Imagine how you'd feel if you'd given it away instead.

My Granny gave me a ring once. It is silver, with a large intricate silver kind of frame as the centre piece bearing marquesites and a teeny tiny pearl. Her brother, who was mostly paralyzed from below his arms, and sadly died before I came into the world, made it for her.

So imagine the horror my mum put me through when I lost it!

I do still think about it because, thank the heavens, I found it. However for a time I thought it had been stolen by my recently gone haywire ex girlfriend, and oh my, mother was fuming at that prospect. She had always liked the ring and had slipped it onto her fingers on any number of occasions...but really mum, do you think I'd have ever given away such a precious family heirloom?

I've lost other bits and bobs of jewellery over the years, though thankfully nothing of any value. It does miff me off though when I think "ooh such and such a piece of jewellery would compliment this outfit" only to be unable to find it again :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?