Sunday 27 February 2011

To flu...or not to flu?

So the minor cold I had seems to have turned into full blown flu. If that's possible. Technically it's not, but I've gone from having a few sniffles that were exaccerbated by cat allergies to having full on shivers, fever that won't go away (poor Ben is freezing cold while I sit next to a wide open window sweating every last drop of water left in my body) and aches and pains in muscles I never realised I owned.

Not sure why this has happened. I had felt I was getting over the cold I had, but alas I am wrong. Have to wonder if it's anything to do with the steroids the lovely doctor at the hospital gave me...it did say they can worsten viral infections in the leaflet. It says specifically to be wary of Chicken pox and Tuberculosis, but somehow I don't think I have either of these ;)

So if I'm no better by the morning, I'm heading back to the doctor to...well, I don't know, because it seems like a sensible thing to do? I know it's most likely a viral infection and there's nothing that can be done for that...but the whole asthma thing...

Well anyway. My point is, I've stayed in bed most of the day shivering away and slurping down lemsip so there's nothing much to report on I'm afraid. I hope I find you all well and in much better health than I :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw get better soon! Sorry you're so sick... drink tons and sleep bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun, already feeling a bit better today, Lemsip is a cure for EVERYTHING :D

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?