Friday 22 July 2011

Deflated but still hopeful

So I had my interview this afternoon and it went very well. The interviewer and I clicked immediately and by the end of it she gave me her assurances that the job was as good as mine, and I should expect a call confirming this sometime this afternoon.

Of course it is now ten past nine at night and no such call has been recieved so I'm not sure how to feel about it all. Had she not said anything about the likelihood of me getting the position or the time by which to expect a call I would be happily relaxing, eagerly awaiting next week for such a call to say yes or no. As she did say what she said I've now got any number of thoughts through my head from "I mustn't have got the position at all/a later interviewee must have been much better than me" (though she said there were a couple of vacancies being recruited for) to "everything is fine, it's just that things are taking longer than she expected to put through, and I just have to wait for the call".

I'm therefore trying desperately not to get my hopes up (they've already been raised far enough!) but I'm finding it hard to put it from my mind. I feel rather restless and nervy. I know if I haven't heard anything by Monday I definitely haven't got it but until then, I'm existing in a bit of limbo, all because she was so positive and used those magical words "as far as I'm concerned, the job is yours".

Well, there's hope left yet anyhow :) And if I have indeed got it, I start on the 1st so not long to go!

Super duper fingers crossed!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?