Thursday 21 July 2011

Febreeze, eat your heart out

Well I almost totally flunked NaBlo today, if it weren't for Ben reminding me I would have completely forgotten to post! However as it's ten o clock and I need to be up early in the morning to get ready for my interview (wish me luck!) I'd better make it short and sweet.

The problem with tomorrow is that all my smart interview clothes have been packed away for a fair few months now and obviously I only found out I'd be having the interview yesterday at five o clock in the evening after I'd already put a load of laundry through. So I'm left with crinkly, wrinkly, musty smelling clothes. Of course in an ideal world I would have washed them today, however we don't have a tumble dryer and no outdoor space to hang washing so we have one clothes horse at a time and it takes sometimes two days to get things properly dry. I couldn't risk re washing them, and it didn't seem worth it since they were already clean, just not too fresh.

So I spent about an hour looking online and found a few recipe's for fabric refresher, or "homemade febreeze" and I settled on one that consists of water, fabric conditioner and bicarb of soda. I whipped it all up into a small body spray bottle (that of course I emptied and washed out...I didn't really use the body spray anyway) and now I have the most awesome little bottle of magic purple liquid and a gorgeous smelling shirt and trousers to wear tomorrow.

The crinkly wrinkly still defies me however. I don't actually have an iron or ironing board. Now, when I got married the lady who sold me my dress advised to hang the veil in the bathroom whilst I showered to get the wrinkles to drop with the steam, and it worked fantastically. I wondered if it would work on my shirt, but sadly not. So tomorrow I'll have to try something else. I've heard moistening it with water and fabric conditioner (like what I just made up!) and then setting a hair dryer on it can help to pull wrinkles out. Here's hoping anyhow because the bottom of the shirt is just one big wrinkly mess!

Sorry for probably having bored you half to death...but the NaBlo must be won!

Till next time, with hopefully some good news :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the homemade febreeze recipe. I would never have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?