Thursday 14 July 2011

Energy please!

The energy and motivation I seemed to have in bucket loads the past few weeks has just completely drained out of me. I don't know whether it's because we've reached that time of the month where we're just waiting on pay day and can't do much of anything except twiddle our thumbs and wait, or whether it's because the sun decided to turn up the thermostat again or what, but if someone could hook me up to some IV energy I would be most greatful!

For the past couple of days I've been absoloutely knackered, some nights I struggle to settle down to sleep but once I'm asleep that's it, I'm out until 10:30 the next morning, and it's taking me an hour just to get up and moving and "human". Up until this week I'd trained myself to get up at 9:15 latest and then I'd be bouncing around doing my thing, couldn't wait to get up to my elbows. It feels like I've totally taken a slide backwards and I don't know why.


I'm eating properly. 3 meals (I went through a period last month where I'd be on only two meals a day, which yes is silly and not at all healthy for anyone but honestly I didn't feel the need for the third) with pleanty of energy full complex carbs and fresh fruit and veg. But I still need to top up with a nice strong caffeinated brew every couple of hours just to keep my eyes open and that just isn't me - the last time I ever relied on caffeine was when I worked night shifts, and I generally don't drink caffeine because it seriously fucks my sleeping patterns up.


Which could explain my difficulty drifting off, but I'm getting loads of sleep when I do drop off.


Still, I'm keeping up with my daily chores, so what progress I've made with my weekly rota is at least not being undone, even if it is basically grinding to a halt. This week is supposed to be bathroom week. I finished that on Monday (I've kept on top of that room over the years at least so it wasn't really too bad to spruce up again). Since I finished that I started on the living room...the computer desk has been converted into a nice desk for, well, anything since it doesn't have our massive moniter, tower, piles of wire etc clunking it all up. The mountain of papers and letters have been sorted and filed or shredded as needed. We just need an actual desk chair now! But anyway, I finished that and since then I've just not felt the energy at all to do anything else. Next week is the actual living room week and I wanted to get a real head start...it's the biggest job and I want it nice in time for my family visiting in August.


Well, there's still day light left. The next job is the coffee table, not too bad. I know I'm not going to get my whole to do list done today, so perhaps I'll shove off the sweeping of the kitchen floor till tomorrow...it's Harry Potter time tomorrow and I'm meeting Becky in the late afternoon for a couple of drinks beforehand, and because I'm a horrible horrible vain person I will spend at least two hours getting ready for that (And that's not including the time for my hair to set into curls :p) so I don't really want any massive, long drawn out chores to do (at the same time I know if I make excuses to drop the system for a day I'll end up breaking this very tentatively built habit!)


Anyway, this has really turned into a long, drawn out and energy draining entry hasn't it! We tend to say to our friends when they go through crises, come, cry on my shoulder, get it all out, but don't you think that sometimes we also just need to have a bit of a moan and a complain, even if it's about nothing at all? No? Ah well just me then!


In other news, I've decided to unravel my scarf and start again. There's no way I can justify giving it to anyone. Also, I've found another pattern...the same kind of technique to create a lovely lacey scarf, but simpler, and won't require me to count all the rows. I can simply set myself into it and zone out and get it done. I shall definitely pay more attention to the tension etc this time. Learn from my mistakes!


Sorry for nagging and complaining your ears (or eyes) off, but I'm too tired to actually think fo anything interesting to talk about today, and you know, NaBloPoMo...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?