Friday 1 July 2011

That time of the month

So I've commited to NaBloPoMo and thus I must write. I'm not writing about swimming today though because something really funny just happened.

Ben asked if it was 'that time of the month' because, apparently, I'm being a complete and utter bitch. Of course he didn't quite use those words exactly, he said "You've been rather 'snippy' over the past few days" but as his snippy wife, I know exactly what he means by that.

Don't worry, there is no 'trouble in paradise'. I just had to laugh because it's the first time he's ever asked me that in the (almost) six years since we met. Which means that I must be on top bitchy form, and deserve a pat on my back for sharpening my cruel tongue (and also, sorry if I have actually upset anyone. Except Ben. Bitch.).

I do wonder though. I'm Amenorrheic, have been for (almost) six years would you believe it (Ben has clearly done something funky and awful to my body!) and before then, the only reason I wasn't was because of a magic little pill called Dianette. Still, having had a multitude of tests from the doctor, there's actually no reason I should be such, aside from the fact that I'm overweight...my hormones are normal. The doctor theorised that the excess fat of my body simply metabolises the hormones I produce before they complete their good and proper job.


So I wonder, if this is the case, do I still get a 'time of the month' as such? Not the physical symptoms, but the hormonal mood swings? I've had serious bouts of low mood to high mood swings quite frequently, but never mere bitchiness. Ben has also in his great wisdom wondered if I was Bi-polar thanks to those low/high mood swings, but I wonder if, in the presense of actual menstruation, it would be better explained as just PMT.


Well there's food for though. If any fellow PCOS sufferers or Amenorrheics stumble upon my blog, I put this question to you too...do you still get a monthly mood swing?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?