Wednesday 20 July 2011

Wee Bit Wednesday v51 and Interview Success



{one} what is your dream job?

Volcanologist, however I have neither the brains nor the body for that!

{two} how many best friends do you have?

I don't have a huge massive circle of friends, and so the ones that I have are really close and special to me. However, if I had to give a definitive number I'd say two.

{three} what’s the longest road trip you’ve ever taken?

Durham UK to Alicante Spain...we did it twice in fact. Something about my parents wanting to save money on air fares and care hire (there were five of us after all, and on the way back the first time round we brought my God mother and her daughters back with us so they could visit their family). This saving of the money was misplaced, but it was an amazing experience none the less!

{four} if you had to do one single thing every day for the next year, what would it be?

Something involving Ben, if you catch my drift *BOW CHICKA BOW WOW*

{five} what’s one story your family always tells about you?

My mum keeps telling everyone what a horrible, moody bitch I was when I was a teenager. I can't say she's wrong. My Granny on the other hand likes to tell cuter stories about how I would go around making songs up and shout at anyone who tried to sing nursery rhymes along with me cause, you know, I love the sound of my own voice and wanted to be centre stage. All very endearing stuff.

{six} how did your parents pick your name?

Well, they were actually going to call me Rachel but shortly before I was born dad decided he suddenly didn't like it (something about a card game called Rachel?) so they switched to Rebecca. Awful lot of good it did of course because people still call me Rachel for some strange and unknown reason..

{seven} what’s the one thing that scares you more than anything?

Aliens, medical needles, demonic possesion, death, steep hills (Yet another reason why I will never work my dream job :p)....take your pick, but I cannot choose just one!

{eight} are you a good cook?

I don't blow my trumpet about much...but yes...yes I am a good cook.

{nine} where do you see yourself in 20 years?

I haven't a bloody clue. I know where I would like to be, but I'm too much of a pessimist realist to say that's where I honestly see myself.

{ten} what’s your best childhood memory?

Psychologists reckon we tend to hold onto the bad memories more than good ones, as a hangover from our having to remember that when a mammoth sticks his tusk in you, it hurts and you're going to die. I can't really pin point any particularly epic childhood memory. Don't get me wrong, I didn't have a horrific childhood, I grew up in a loving, secure home surrounded by my family and my siblings and I never really fought or anything like that. I just don't recall any specifically brilliant memories from childhood. Ask me about my best memories from adolescence one day and then we'll get talking :D

In other news, I had my telephone interview today. Indeed, it finished about an hour ago. It was possibly the worst telephone interview I've ever had, I mumbled, I stuttered and stammered and ummed and aahed and my head really just wasn't into it at all. I practically shouted HELLO down the line at him, and I couldn't squirm out of the fact that I have a crap less than desirable employment history.

Despite it all, he's invited me back for the next round of interviews, an hour long do this Friday. Part of me is thinking that last time I got past a telephone interview and into the real deal they didn't call me back, someone else was just better than me. Part of me is trying to protect myself from dissapointment. That said, I have to wonder if someone isn't looking out for me...for a start, I know for a fine fact that my telephone interview was beyond poor, however I got through. Then there's the timing, it's just so perfect, yesterday Ben won some vouchers at work for good performance that we can now use to pay for our groceries on Friday, but if he hadn't won those vouchers I wouldn't actually be able to afford to go...I probably would have been able to beg/borrow/steal from someone somewhere in a pinch, but I like to take signs like that as something of a moral boost!

I was a little shocked to say the least when I recieved the email telling me where the interview was to be held. Earlier I couldn't remember which of their stores the position was for, so I logged back on and saw that it just said "Anfield". I checked the store finder and saw that there are about five different stores in Anfield, all within walking distance from myself (and when I say within walking distance, I mean it's practically next door, walking distance for me is a pretty damned short distance!). Yet the interview is all the way out in Huyton...which means nothing to anyone who doesn't know Liverpool I know, but it's basically gonna take me 30 minutes on the bus. Well, technically it's going to take longer, since this is only the interview and not the location of the job I'm gonna take the "I'm a scardy cat" route out of it and bus into town first and grab my bus from there rather than trying to intercept it...besides, less risky of buses missing each other then ^_^

So anyhow, I've rambled on way too much now so I shall leave you be...wish me luck for Friday, cause I really could do with this job!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?