Tuesday 26 July 2011

Murphy's Law

It's Murphy's Law. Pure and simple. You spend the entirity of the weekend, plus Friday before and Monday after, worrying...stressing...getting wound up and a little upset...head full of the what if's and the how come's and why did's...

But as soon as you just accept it is how it is and there's no point chewing the cud and you may as well get on with things as if nothing happened in the first place, as I did last night when I said to Ben that I wasn't waiting on that job call anymore and I'm just going to continue on with the job hunt as per normal and put it all to the back of my mind.

Then today, having not even thought about it, at almost 12 o clock sharp I got the phonecall saying "You've got the job, you start on Monday!"


On a practical level of course I'm bloody well over the moon! On a more philosophical level I have to grin and say yeah...this always happens to me...the minute I stop caring, the minute I just let things go...it comes to me again. Just stop worrying on, Bex, you'll be fine!


Now I get to cross off another day zero item and I think I can consider my "keep up with the job hunt" goal for Beat the Heat pretty much complete!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Congratulations!!! What a terrific feeling, to exhale after all that nervousness!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?