Sunday 17 July 2011

Weekly Roundup

I never seem to have much to say about Sundays, because Sundays in my house are a quiet day of relaxation where the most strenuous activity is generally washing up after a fabulous roast dinner, and the highlight of the afternoon is the weekly phonecall home to keep in touch with our families. There are exceptions, of course, but for now I think NaBlo Sundays will have to be about reflecting upon the week.

  • Restarted the wonky scarf of wobbledom. Becky was lovely and lent me a pair of bigger knitting needles (the pattern called for bigger ones anyway) and already it's so much easier than my 3.75mm ones that I was using, especially to control the tension. Thanks chuck!
  • As of yesterday I have two interviews to look forward two! One, of course, is the ChildLine interview, which is coming up in two weeks time, and is of course for a voluntary position. Still, I'm not snubbing it at all, I have this great and grand master plan of how I intend to build back my life, and this is pivotal to that. Of course if nothing comes of it (I don't think that will be the case, but you know, don't count your chickens) I'll step back and reassess and replan but for now, this is the keystone to my plans.
  • The other interview is a telephone interview for actual paid work, and I'm really chuffed because on the strength of my application and poor work history I didn't think I'd get it. It's time to shine methinks! I hope I do get it because the working hours would be ideal for me, and it's within walking distance from home so that gets me more active. Of course, no counting of my chickens, but it would be pretty ideal.
  • I've been picking my brains and have come up with even more awesome gift idea's to keep my fingers occupied between now and December. The best thing about this? Whilst I already had a good list, now I don't have worry that such and such bumps into such and such and realise I made them the exact same gift...
  • It has come to my attention that coffee tables are the work of the devil when it comes to collecting clutter. Ben cleared ours yesterday, but now it's back to square one. It's like a never ending battle...
  • Harry Potter was epic. The next 4 weeks or so look to have more epic times, and I'm looking forward to each and every one of them.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree on the coffee table as an awful catch-all - during the school year, I'd drop things there after work and just forget about them. Then every Friday, I'd spend an hour just clearing it off of junk mail and odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?