Thursday 7 July 2011

Hodgepodge

I've only just realised, but this is my 99th post. Unless something mega huge and exciting happens that just NEEDS to be blogged about, like a fire or a tornado or an earthquake or, you know, all the terrible things life can periodically throw at you which needs to be reported upon via the internet as soon as it happens, tomorrows post will be post number 100.

I'm afraid it's rather crept up on me. I would have liked to do something special as it were. Perhaps a giveaway or a vlog, but I've nothing to give right now and if ever I do a vlog it will probably take numerous recordings and lots of editing...had I realised it was coming up so quick I might have already made one (and I could have crossed another goal off of my day zero list!)

Well, if anyone has any ideas do send them this way!

In the meantime, since it would really suck if post 99 was just me rabbiting on about the next post being number one hundred, here's a hodgepodge post of my thoughts for the day.

  • I've really gotten into this whole challenge thing. I know it's only four days in (sixty six to go!) but I feel really focussed on my goals. I think it was the best thing I've dedicated myself to in a while.

  • My knitting is going BLURG at the minute. I've not dropped or added any stitches, but for some reason I suddenly loosened up the tension and I've ended up with a massive bulge. I'm half tempted to unravel it all and start from scratch but I've spent so long on it already, it would be a shame. I might continue till the end and see what I make of it then. I might not be able to use it as a present as I'd hoped, but if I can't then hey, at least I have a new scarf to add to my winter collection!

  • Last year, I dreaded winter because the past four winters beforehand had been spent miserable and depressed. I suffer with SAD in a major way. However, last winter actually was much better than the other ones and was in fac quite enjoyable. I'm already really looking forward to October coming along. I like dark evenings and bright lights in the form of halloween decor/fireworks/eventually xmas decor. I look forward to strolling down Church/Lord Street all wrapped up against the cold, enjoying the winter market and gorging myself on honey nuts and hog roast sandwiches. I love a good hog roast. I wanted one for my wedding, but I couldn't convince anyone it would be a good idea.

  • As I've been blitzing through my kitchen I've come to realise how much crap I have in there that I don't need, and now as I look around my flat I've come to similar conclusions, but also I've realised how much I can utilise what little space I do have for storing what I do need to keep. For example, I've been thinking of ways to store my towels and linnen etc which are currently stacked, haphazardly, on top of my wardrobe because there's no where else to put them...but I have a load of empty plastic boxes that we used for moving and storing junk which we have since gotten rid of. I don't know why it has never occured to me to put these to good, active use instead of just stacking them in a corner till we need them again for moving.

  • Since we got our laptop, we've not really used our half dead desktop pc. I'm thinking of putting it into storage till it is needed, so I can transform the desk (which is tiny, and only has space for the monitor and computer equipment) into a vanity table come useable office area come craft space (it's difficult to lean over a low coffee table and make nice jewellery). It will be nice for it to be used as something other than a dumping ground for our defunct electrical equipment. Ben might need some talking around to this idea, however. When he realises it means my makeup, hair and jewellery stuff is moved away from the coffee table, he might come round to it. Oh, he might also come round to it when he realises it means he has somewhere to sit and paint his car models properly too.

  • I seem to be getting nesting tendancies. Should probably take a pregnancy test.

  • On second thoughts, that's the most ridiculous idea I've had in a while.

  • It occured to me last night that our kettle is the very one my mum and dad bought me from the Tesco Express opposite St Johns shopping centre the day they moved me to Liverpool. I was shitting myself that day, I'd only been to Liverpool once before, for an open day at the University! This makes me feel a little nostalgic, especially as it now needs replacing. It's been a good little trooper for something we got for a fiver and has now last comin up to six years!

  • Along with this overhaul at home, I'm going to do some streamlining of my blog since it's now 100 entries long (well...tomorrow). Gonna go through all my posts and change all the tags to useful, meaningful tags since my usual "just say something funny and relevant" has created that mess on the side.

  • Ben just called from work. No need to convince him. The computer is getting moved and the desk revamped. Hooray!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. How about for your 100th post, a picture log of your day or of things important to you? You could also use it as an excuse to get out of the house and do a short picture post about Liverpool.

    Or you could slip back into the ol' route of 100 questions/memes or something ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, tomorrow is pretty much all fully booked cause it's Ben's day off, but I have a couple of photographical post ideas now...thanks for the inspiration, you have nominated yourself to be the reciever of the wonky xmas scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo! Wonky scarves for the win! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on [almost] 100 posts! Vlogs are fun, I did them when I had family in town and didn't have too much time to write posts. Glad you're enjoying the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?