Tuesday 19 July 2011

Kitchen Wish List

So, since the kitchen has been sorted and is still just as sparkly and shiny as it was when I first finished thanks to the implementation of my cleaning rota (I feel so grown up haha) I shall be treating myself to a couple of bits and bobs come the end of the month. Of course I plan and scheme my shopping lists months in advance and I already know exactly what I'll be getting, but if money was no object, I'd be filling my kitchen with all kinds of pretties...


A good old fashined cake stand, specifically this one from Paper Chase. One of my day zero tasks is to hold a good old fashioned afternoon tea party, and it wouldn't be a good old fashioned tea party without a good old fashioned cake stand! I think cake stands in general are just ridiculously pretty, but this one just makes me go "squeeeee" with delight and want to fill it up with pretty little cupcakes just to look at it!


A food blender...not necissarily that one, but one of some description. I keep finding all kinds of wonderful tasty recipe's for juices, smoothies, sauces, home made salsas etc that requre one of these babies that I either have to pass up or take the painstaking time over doing it by hand. Not everything can be done by hand of course, and not everything that is done by hand is necissarily better than the version that is done by gadget. My mum used to say the way I make my cakes (by putting everything in the bowl and smashing it all together with an electric hand whisk!) is "cheating" (she creams everything by hand in stages) but I know whose cakes were fluffier ;). Anyhow, Ben has been saying for AGES now that we should get one of these so he can make fruit sorbet and I guess that when Mary over at A Small Loss mentioned that frozen bannana makes a dessert similar to soft scoop ice cream when whisked up in one of these babies, I have to admit, I started coming round to his way of thinking!


I know these are obviously meant for jam jars, but I love glass cannisters like this and fully intend on getting some for my tea, coffee and sugar at the end of the month. They're simple, classy, and work in just about any setting.


A gold fish bowl! Well, no...a rose bowl! I love the way that flowers look when presented in one of these babys. So simple yet so elegant. I can just picture one of these sat on the edge of my kitchen bench, bursting with a bouquet of fresh white and yellow Chrysanthemums.
I have 24 individual silicone cup cake cases. They're so easy to use, and are brilliant for reducing your household waste. I use them for cup cakes or yorkshire puddings. Admittedly it does produce more washing up than a traditional baking tray, but if you clean up your cases as soon as someone has had a cake then it's not too bad, and as the silicone is almost completely none stick its usually just a case of wiping off the crumbs. Anyways, this is the bigger version. I absoloutely hate cleaning big cake tins out, and I'd absoloutely love a big silicone tin that I can just peel straight off of the cake!


This is a confectioners thermometer. Ben likes fudge and butter tablet, and has on a number of occasions tried to make it. However, without a thermometer it's never really turned out fantastically...it won't set or it sets too hard or it has a nasty texture...anyway, I've always wanted to give jam making a go which also requires some precise measuring of the temperature, so it seems logical that if Ben is to enjoy his home made fudge and I am to make some yummy yummy jam, this is the way to go!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Aw man, I really want to break out a sturdy little tea set and have an Unbirthday Party with people.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?